Congratulations, the latest version of Microsoft is here, which has packed into itself the newest and latest Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Visio and Word. Microsoft outlook comes as a part of the complete package of Microsoft office. The previous 2010 version of Microsoft office had now been succeeded by the 2013 version. Presently outlook 2013 is available in Microsoft office 2013 except in the home and student edition. Microsoft office outlook was debuted on January 29, 2013. Good thing- it contains a whole new range of features that enhances the functioning of Outlook 2013. Bad thing- it is not available for home and student versions. So it’s time to upgrade. The Important Features That Were Newly Added Include:
- Attachment reminder
- Weather bar.
- Add- in resiliency
- Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)
- IMAP improvements
- Cached exchange mode improvements
- Outlook data file (. ost) compression
- People hub
- Startup performance improvements
All these features make Outlook 2013 a very attractive and desirable package. It’s easier, better and perhaps more useful. Outlook 2013 comes with a brand new look which is a lot cleaner and gives a clear view of emails, calendars and contacts. In a way it helps direct the focus towards what needs to be done i.e. it helps prioritize. But before that comes the outlook sign in part. The first step towards using outlook 2013 is setting up the account. If an earlier version of outlook was already in use then the setup is done automatically. If not, then, as soon as outlook is started, the Auto Account Setup begins the process of setting up an account to send and receive emails. The main requirements are the email id, name and password. It may also ask for few more information details in some cases.
This creates a new account to which one can LOG IN, in order to send emails and use the other functions that outlook 2013 has come up with. Outlook logging is a relatively easy process. A whole lot of new features can be used following this process. Communication can be made easier with the newly added features. The OUTLOOK 2013 provides for:
- Previewing Of Messages – In order to help prioritizing about which message to handle first.
- Inline Replies – Helps in faster replies
- Commands In Message Lists – Commands such as Flag, delete or mark comes in quite handy.
Communication is important but so is managing. For management purposes, features are provided which can be enumerated as:
- Calendar Schedule - In order to check appointments, the recipient details and appointments without switching from email to calendar mode.
- Single Contact List - Adds all the important details of the recipients such as emails, phone numbers, address etc. and even social media updates in a single place and helps connect to them directly.
- Improved Task Bar – All the important outlook elements can be found in this single task bar.
- Inbox Customization – So that folders can be renamed and moved around.
- Site Mailboxes – Use the combined form of outlook, exchange and SharePoint.
- No Need For Add-Ins – Since there is built in support for Exchange ActiveSync, there is no requirement for extra add-in’s.
Easy search and find processes improves the function of Outlook 2013. One of the new added benefits is the weather bar which gives the local weather forecast along with current weather conditions can be easily accessed using the Calendar view on the new Microsoft Outlook 2013. Along with the basic functions, these newly added features enhance the functioning of the latest Microsoft Office Outlook 2013. It’s a whole new package ready to boom. So just use the outlook sign in and get going.
Speedy communication is the most important requirement for businesses. If you cannot achieve fast and healthy communication with your clients your business may suffer. You have to make your products reach to the consumers and receive their feedback for the betterment of your business. So, when your email service fails, it will be very difficult for you.
If you are trying to reach your outlook mail account and you are unable to do it or if you are provided with error messages when you try to open your account it means your outlook mail account is corrupted. You need to find the methods to recover the account. Sometimes you might have stored your emails on your hard disk drive and you might have uninstalled the outlook without exporting it. It is also possible to recover them once you reinstall Outlook.
Inbox Repair Tool
The inbox repair tool from Microsoft is a handy recovery utility that helps us to recover the Outlook account. This tool identifies and repairs the corrupted PST files. For most of the outlook accounts the data containers will be the PST files. You have to first run the inbox repair tool and then you will have to create new PST files in your outlook profile to store recovered items. This tool comes free with Outlook 2010 installation and hence there is no need for the user to download this repair tool to recover the account. There are many file recovery services online which help you to recover the data or you can do it yourself by following the steps given below.
Steps To Recover The Outlook Account
- Step 1 - Close the outlook program and then click ‘Start’ button. In the search box type “Folder Options”. Click on “Folder options” in the search result. Find the “View” tab and click it .Select the option “show hidden files, folders “and click “OK”. You will be able to find the inbox repair tool in this hidden folder.
- Step 2-Click “start” and select “Computer” double click on the “C” drive option.
- Step3- In the search box type “Scanpst.exe” and press “Enter” key. When the search result shows “Scanpst.exe” click on it.
- Step 4- Click the “browse” button and navigate to the account or profiler location. Select the PST file.
- Step 5-Click ‘start” and the inbox repair tool will report the errors detected in the file. Before trying to repair the file make a backup of scanned files. After creating backup file for emergency, click “Repair’ and then “OK”.
- Step 6 -Now open outlook program and click “File’ select “account settings” from the drop down choose “account Settings….”
- Step 7- Click the “Data Files” tab and click the “add….” option. Choose the location and name for the new PST file and click “OK”. This file will appear on the left of the navigation pane.
- Step 8- Now, click and drag the items from the lost and found folder to the new PST file. Once you finish this task you can delete “Recovered Personal Folders” and “Lost and Found” folders.
Recovering Any Further Data
You can follow the steps given below if you find that you are still missing some of the items. You can import the backup copy of the original PST and continue recovering the data.
- Step1- Locate the backup file with “.bak” extension created by you. Press “Ctrl-C” to copy the file and press “Ctrl-V” to paste it in a new folder. Right click on the folder and rename it. Change the file extension from “.bak” to “.pst”.
- Step 2 - Open outlook and click “File”, “Open” and “Import”. Select “import from another file or program” and click “Next”
- Step 3- Click “outlook data File” with “.pst” extension and select next.
- Step 4- Check the ‘include Subfolders’ box. Select the new pst file created from the ‘import folders in to the same folder’. Click finish from the drop down menu.