Speedy communication is the most important requirement for businesses. If you cannot achieve fast and healthy communication with your clients your business may suffer. You have to make your products reach to the consumers and receive their feedback for the betterment of your business. So, when your email service fails, it will be very difficult for you.
If you are trying to reach your outlook mail account and you are unable to do it or if you are provided with error messages when you try to open your account it means your outlook mail account is corrupted. You need to find the methods to recover the account. Sometimes you might have stored your emails on your hard disk drive and you might have uninstalled the outlook without exporting it. It is also possible to recover them once you reinstall Outlook.
Inbox Repair Tool
The inbox repair tool from Microsoft is a handy recovery utility that helps us to recover the Outlook account. This tool identifies and repairs the corrupted PST files. For most of the outlook accounts the data containers will be the PST files. You have to first run the inbox repair tool and then you will have to create new PST files in your outlook profile to store recovered items. This tool comes free with Outlook 2010 installation and hence there is no need for the user to download this repair tool to recover the account. There are many file recovery services online which help you to recover the data or you can do it yourself by following the steps given below.
Steps To Recover The Outlook Account
- Step 1 - Close the outlook program and then click ‘Start’ button. In the search box type “Folder Options”. Click on “Folder options” in the search result. Find the “View” tab and click it .Select the option “show hidden files, folders “and click “OK”. You will be able to find the inbox repair tool in this hidden folder.
- Step 2-Click “start” and select “Computer” double click on the “C” drive option.
- Step3- In the search box type “Scanpst.exe” and press “Enter” key. When the search result shows “Scanpst.exe” click on it.
- Step 4- Click the “browse” button and navigate to the account or profiler location. Select the PST file.
- Step 5-Click ‘start” and the inbox repair tool will report the errors detected in the file. Before trying to repair the file make a backup of scanned files. After creating backup file for emergency, click “Repair’ and then “OK”.
- Step 6 -Now open outlook program and click “File’ select “account settings” from the drop down choose “account Settings….”
- Step 7- Click the “Data Files” tab and click the “add….” option. Choose the location and name for the new PST file and click “OK”. This file will appear on the left of the navigation pane.
- Step 8- Now, click and drag the items from the lost and found folder to the new PST file. Once you finish this task you can delete “Recovered Personal Folders” and “Lost and Found” folders.
Recovering Any Further Data
You can follow the steps given below if you find that you are still missing some of the items. You can import the backup copy of the original PST and continue recovering the data.
- Step1- Locate the backup file with “.bak” extension created by you. Press “Ctrl-C” to copy the file and press “Ctrl-V” to paste it in a new folder. Right click on the folder and rename it. Change the file extension from “.bak” to “.pst”.
- Step 2 - Open outlook and click “File”, “Open” and “Import”. Select “import from another file or program” and click “Next”
- Step 3- Click “outlook data File” with “.pst” extension and select next.
- Step 4- Check the ‘include Subfolders’ box. Select the new pst file created from the ‘import folders in to the same folder’. Click finish from the drop down menu.